On tonight’s #pinterestcrafting agenda … easy, DIY canvas wall art! What’s even better is that you don’t have to be an artist to make one!
For a simpler piece:
1) Paint (or spray-paint) the entire canvas in one background color. I chose this green because it’s fun and will pop on the walls of our apartment!
2) Decide on your main graphic. *A little hint, in some cases, less is more. Stick to a simple design and you may find that you like it better than more complex ones.
3) Finish with any “detail” you find important. Mine was done after I tacked on the word home.
For something a little more challenging (Chevron!):
1) Decide how big you want your zig-zag pattern to be. For a 12 x 12 canvas, I found that 3 rows worked best.
2) Using tape (it’s a rather slow process), create the zig-zag pattern on the canvas. I tried using a stencil first, but it worked better for me to wing it with tape. You’ll find that if you’re leaving the white underneath untouched, you want to stray from using pen/pencil as much as possible.
3) Paint around the tape (don’t forget the sides) until the entire canvas is coated with paint. Use a second coat if necessary.
4) WAIT until the canvas is dry to remove the tape. Believe me, patience is important here. You don’t want to ruin your work because you were a little too eager!
5) Finish with “detail” as above.
That’s it! Easy and so fun for any wall 🙂