It’s holiday break, which means trying to tackle another craft I discovered on Pinterest!
These instructions are an adapted version of the ones I found here on Fab You Bliss, an adorable lifestyle blog. In order to make your own fabric infinity scarf…
1) Pick the color/design/texture of your scarf by choosing a swatch of fabric. I went with black and white houndstooth because it’s classic and simple, but you can choose whichever design you like.
*Tip: Stretchy fabrics (such as jersey material) tend to work better!
2) Measure out a piece of fabric that is about 1 1/2 yards (mine was 58 inches) long by about 1 1/3 yards wide (mine was 50 inches).
3) Fold the fabric width-wise, so that you have a “new” width of around 25 inches.
6) Bring the two ends together, and sew around the outside so that it completes a loop. *Tip: It helps to turn the tube inside out again to finish the outside stitching, but be sure to leave about 4-5 inches so that you can turn it back again and hand-sew the opening shut!
7) And there it is, simple and cute. AND it will keep me warm hustling around campus during my winter semester!